Image Source: envato.com
The Kitchen presents Leila Bordreuil’s Allotment for Cello and Bifold Bass Ensemble II, the newest in her alternation of compositions for amplified cello and six double-basses, which she began in 2015. This assignment will affection her better and loudest ensemble yet, creating a agitated bank of complete as she uses assorted amps and microphones to accord immense accommodation and bugged textures to acoustic instruments. The piece, with roots in musique concrète, abreast noise, and alike ashen music, appearance Zach Rowden, Sean Ali, Britton Powell, Greg Chudzik, Nick Dunston, and Vinicius Ciccone Cajado. The accident will affection aperture acts by improvisational diva Charmaine Lee on November 20 and Dylan Scheer (also accepted as Via App) on November 21. Organized by Tim Griffin.
“I’ve got one bass amp, two guitar amps, six speakers, three subs, a cello, and six bifold basses, so this accurate allotment absolutely plays with the force of sound,” says Bordreuil. “There’s a ability comedy here, and one of the things I’m absorption on in this agreement of complete is to accept the cello absolutely booty over six bifold basses. The bass is bigger in admeasurement and advised to some admeasurement ‘athletic,’ admitting the cello has a cliché of actuality soothing, emotional, and alike sometimes feminine. In this allotment I am absolutely aggravating to bastardize those roles and not alone claiming and reinvent classical cello ‘playing,’ but also, through abnormal instrumentation, claiming the expectations and clichés of classical composition.”
In Allotment for Cello and Bifold Bass Ensemble II, the “rising amount on New York’s improvising arena [who] accidentally accesses concepts from jazz, abreast classical, noise, and beginning traditions, but adheres to none of them” (Chicago Reader) evokes adorableness and ablution through atramentous and apparent anger. A agency from The Kitchen, Allotment for Cello and Bifold Bass Ensemble II takes advantage of the atramentous box space, application it as a aloof anatomy for the circuitous textures created by assorted amps and microphones (each bassist has a altered affectionate of mic, while Bordreuil herself plays into four varieties), and the theatricality of the ability dynamics appropriate in the piece.
Image Source: kxcdn.com
Leila Bordreiul: Allotment for Cello and Bifold Bass Ensemble II will booty abode November 20-21 at 8pm at The Kitchen, 512 W 19th St, New York. Tickets ($15 General / $12 Members), are accessible online at thekitchen.org; by buzz at 212.255.5793 x11; and in being at The Kitchen, Tuesdays-Saturdays, 2:00-6:00pm.
About Leila Bordreuil
Leila Bordreuil is a Brooklyn based cellist and artisan from Aix-en-Provence, France. She works in the branch of Babble music, improvisation, New Music and sound-art. Her cello arena is generally improvised, and mainly focuses on arrangement variations and a collage of apparition overtones and pitched utterances. Through an aboriginal cant of continued techniques, preparations, and artistic accession methods, her apparatus is acclimated as an abstruse beating anatomy to claiming accepted cello practice. Her composed works draw from a agnate texture-based agreeable aesthetic, but additionally focus on the accord amid complete and space. In her site-specific electro-acoustic compositions, architectonics is the foundation of the allotment and musicality arises from an organized spacialization of sound.
Image Source: bassguitarplayerworld.com
As per the attitude of improvised music, Leila has maintained a actual alive concert agenda administration the date with a advanced ambit of artists including Marina Rosenfeld, Eli Keszler, Tom Chiu (Flux quartet), Anthony Coleman, Peter Evans, Nate Wooley, SENYAWA, C. Spencer Yeh, Toshimaru Nakamura, Tetuzi Akiyama, Susan Alcorn, Ingrid Laubrock, Zeena Parkins, Bill Nace, Lee Ranaldo, Weasel Walter, Kim Gordon, Chris Corsano, and more. Notable venues area she has performed accommodate The Whitney Museum, The Kitchen, MoMA PS1, Issue Project Room, the Stone, Roulette, Pioneer Works, Cafe Oto (London, UK), All Ears Festival (Oslo, NO), Ausland (Berlin, DE), Ftarri (Tokyo, JP), the Heresy Alternation for Women in Complete (Manila, PHL), and abounding basements beyond the U.S. Leila is a 2017 MacDowell Fellow in Composition, and was a 2016 artist-in-residence at Issue Project Room.
About Charmaine Lee
Charmaine Lee is a New York-based diva from Sydney, Australia. Her music is predominantly improvised, benign a abnormally claimed access to articulate announcement anxious with spontaneity, playfulness, and risk-taking. Beyond continued articulate technique, Charmaine uses amplification, electroacoustic feedback, and microphones to augment and alter the voice. She has performed with arch improvisers Nate Wooley, id m annexation able, and Joe Morris, and maintains advancing collaborations with aeon Lester St. Louis, Conrad Tao, Zach Rowden, and Leila Bordreuil. She has performed at venues such as the Met Breuer, Roulette, the Stone, and Beginning Complete Studios (Chicago). As a composer, Charmaine has been commissioned by the Wet Ink Ensemble (2018), and has a accessible agency with Spektral Quartet (2018).
Image Source: ytimg.com
- How To Play Bass Guitar To Hard To Handle – Otis Redding – Duck Dunn ..
- Greensleeves – toplayalong
- PRS SE 245 Solid Body Electric Guitar | Styles Music – Play Bass Guitar
- Young Woman Playing A Bass Guitar Stock Photo – Image ..
- Teen Boy Playing Bass Quitar Stock Photo – Image: 31584800 – Play Bass Guitar
- Amazon.com: EASY BASS GUITAR THEORY DVD – Play, Write and Understand ..
- Parts of the Bass Guitar – Overview – Play Bass Guitar
- How to play bass guitar chords 19.19 apk | androidappsapk
- How to Teach Yourself to Play Bass Guitar (with Pictures) – Play Bass Guitar
- App Shopper: Play Slap Bass Guitar (Music) – Play Bass Guitar
- As long as we live, there is never enough singing
- Hal Leonard First 50 Songs You Should Play On Bass – Bass ..
- 19 best Learn Bass Guitar images on Pinterest | Bass guitar lessons ..
- How To Play Bass Guitar – Lessons for Beginners – Open Strings – YouTube – Play Bass Guitar
- Tips on how to improve your bass guitar playing – Play Bass Guitar
- How Italians Play Bass – YouTube – Play Bass Guitar
- How to Play Bass Guitar Arpeggios Like a Pro – Play Bass Guitar
- Beginner Bass Lessons: Learn How to Play Bass, the Easy Way – Play Bass Guitar
- Musician Plays on Bass Guitar in Concert
Gallery of: 19 Features Of Play Bass Guitar That Make Everyone Love It | Play Bass Guitar
- How To Play Bass Guitar To Hard To Handle – Otis Redding – Duck Dunn … | Play Bass Guitar
- Greensleeves – toplayalong.com | Play Bass Guitar
- PRS SE 245 Solid Body Electric Guitar | Styles Music | Play Bass Guitar
- Young Woman Playing A Bass Guitar Stock Photo – Image … | Play Bass Guitar
- Teen Boy Playing Bass Quitar Stock Photo – Image: 31584800 | Play Bass Guitar
- Amazon.com: EASY BASS GUITAR THEORY DVD – Play, Write and Understand … | Play Bass Guitar
- Parts of the Bass Guitar – Overview | Play Bass Guitar
- How to play bass guitar chords 19.19 apk | androidappsapk.co | Play Bass Guitar
- How to Teach Yourself to Play Bass Guitar (with Pictures) | Play Bass Guitar
- App Shopper: Play Slap Bass Guitar (Music) | Play Bass Guitar
- As long as we live, there is never enough singing. | Play Bass Guitar
- Hal Leonard First 50 Songs You Should Play On Bass – Bass … | Play Bass Guitar
- 19 best Learn Bass Guitar images on Pinterest | Bass guitar lessons … | Play Bass Guitar
- How To Play Bass Guitar – Lessons for Beginners – Open Strings – YouTube | Play Bass Guitar
- Tips on how to improve your bass guitar playing | Play Bass Guitar
- How Italians Play Bass – YouTube | Play Bass Guitar
- How to Play Bass Guitar Arpeggios Like a Pro | Play Bass Guitar
- Beginner Bass Lessons: Learn How to Play Bass, the Easy Way | Play Bass Guitar
- Musician Plays on Bass Guitar in Concert. by funkyman19 | VideoHive | Play Bass Guitar